FLIP blog

This web-log will serve as an ongoing commentary on the trials and tribulations faced by a young filmmaker as he tries to complete a short film.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sound mixing

I've been working in Soundtrack Pro for the last few days, trying to make the best of the audio we recorded on location. I've mixed in all the ADR that was usable, but it's still not enough. Too much of it sounds canned and some of it is out of sync. So, we are bringing Jarrod and Rebecca in tomorrow to record more (this time with videoplayback for their benefit). The picture is more or less "locked", meaning that the video is edited the way I want it to be. I need to shoot one more shot (of a clock) and then it will be done. I'm working to get this movie finished by July 15th. Once it's done I can submit it to festivals and then get started cutting the Behind the Scenes footage and featurettes for the DVD. I've worked it out on paper, and to get all the features on this DVD that I planned to have, I need to edit about 8 hours every day for 3 weeks (to get the long BTS feature done). Starting in August, I will need to shoot and edit a featurette every day for 2 weeks (I've got 14 featurettes planned). That takes me to mid-august, then I have to go on a vacation for a week. When I get back, I have to get the DVD all set and ready to go. That should take about 3 weeks as well. Then, I am sending it off to the duplication house. I'll go into that later though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home