FLIP blog

This web-log will serve as an ongoing commentary on the trials and tribulations faced by a young filmmaker as he tries to complete a short film.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Final Cut Studio!

I received my copy of Final Cut Studio today. I installed it about an hour ago. It took up a whopping 33 gigs of space! I've been experimenting with Motion 2 and the latest version of DVD Studio Pro. They are both great programs. One program I had no idea was even included in Studio was Soundtrack Pro. I haven't had much time to mess around with it, but it looks like it may supplant Pro Tools for my audio mixing.

I also went out and bought a small Sony MiniDV camera for shooting more BTS features with (since many of them involve me using the DVX100a). It's the DCR HC42. I like it so far, I'm not a big fan of Sony's all touchscreen control system though. I prefer a switch for everything I need. I plan on updating soon again once I get around to playing with all the programs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home