FLIP blog

This web-log will serve as an ongoing commentary on the trials and tribulations faced by a young filmmaker as he tries to complete a short film.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Another post about the first day of shooting

Well, everybody's doing it, so I think I'll make a post as well.

I headed over to join the boys on-set at 9:45pm. I sent Carleton a text message to let him know I was coming and to ask if they needed anything. I got a call from him almost immediately. The portable dvd player had died, which they were using for an important shot, and he needed an S-video cable to connect the laptop to the hotel room tv.

Producer springs into action!

I jetted over to the closest store that's open at 10pm AND sells electronics. I picked up 6ft of S-video cable and headed to the hotel. My job for the day as a producer was done. Hooray!

They've torn apart the room. One of the beds is on its side out of the way, and I think they rearanged almost all of the furniture. They needed to make room for all of the equipment, so had to move stuff.

At present, we're at least 70% through today's shooting. Then, in approximately 30 hours, we leave for Vegas! YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home