FLIP blog

This web-log will serve as an ongoing commentary on the trials and tribulations faced by a young filmmaker as he tries to complete a short film.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Blogger problems

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Blogger has been down infrequently and I never seem to be able to post when I want to. That problem aside, I have some updates on Flip.

First, I have started editing. All the footage is captured and backed up on 2 HDs. I have cut about 3 minutes of the movie so far. I should finish a very rough cut by the end of the week. Once my rough cut is done, I'm going to export it to tape and save it for future use on the DVD.

I will have a feature on the DVD showing the progression of a short movie from rough to final cut. I will include a few different stages of the movie on the disc, with commentary on each. (This may seem like a boring feature, but since I am going to be replicating to DVD-9 instead of DVD-5, that means I will have a lot more space.) I intend to cram this disc full of features. My goal is to be as comprehensive as possible about the making of a short film.

I have also started keeping a video-log of each day I edit. This footage will be edited together later for the "Post-Production" segment of the Behind the Scenes footage. I've conferred with some friends about features they would like to see on DVD's more often, so far it's been just about everything I am planning to include. Most just ask for a more streamlined way of watching it all. (ie: A "Play All" option for the featurettes).

That's it for now. I'm upgrading to Final Cut Studio on Wednesday! I'm excited to see how DVD Studio Pro 4 works. Stick around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home