FLIP blog

This web-log will serve as an ongoing commentary on the trials and tribulations faced by a young filmmaker as he tries to complete a short film.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Final shoot day tomorrow

Tomorrow we are shooting at a very nice downtown hotel. The scene is the very first scene in the movie and it's fairly simple. We are doing another crane/dolly shot, this time we start on a big motivational poster and pan to a boss talking then track along a bunch of really bored employees listening to him, finally ending up on Aldo and Jennifer.

logistically, the scene will be a handful. We have a lot of people to organize and I have to feed them all when we are done. (Always feed people who will act for free in your movies!) Myself, Geoff and Matt (Key Grip) will all be arriving at the hotel around 8:00 am. That gives us about an hour and a half to set-up the scene before the actors arrive. I have recruited my friends as extras. They are all taking the trolley to the location because it's cheaper and easier. Once they get there, we are shooting until 2, and then it's lunch time. After lunch everyone is dismissed and Matt, Geoff and I will have about an hour to get the stuff out of the room and back into the car.

Today, I reviewed 5 of the 12 Behind the Scenes tapes. I took extensive notes on them with the timecode noted, that way when I go to edit the entire BTS stuff for the DVD, I'll be better prepared. I am intending to load the DVD with TONS of behind the scenes footage. The idea will be to market to people interested in making their own short films. I was sure to talk about how I did everything on camera while we were shooting.

Check back tomorrow for more exciting news!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home