FLIP blog

This web-log will serve as an ongoing commentary on the trials and tribulations faced by a young filmmaker as he tries to complete a short film.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Chapter 2: The Editing Process

With all the footage shot and my release forms signed, I am ready to begin the long, laborious process of editing. I am currently in the process of capturing the footage to my computer. I have 7 one hour tapes to log and capture. I'm currently about halfway through it. I hope to be done by tomorrow afternoon.

during this process, I will be recording a daily video-log of my progress. This video will later be edited into a feature on the DVD about editing techniques. Today, I went to Circuit City to buy an external hard drive. I knew I wanted a 7200 RPM, Western Digital external drive, but I wasn't sure what size I wanted. When I arrived, I saw that they had 2 different WD models to choose from. The 250 GB version cost $199 and right next to it was a 320 GB version on sale for $189. Obviously, it wasn't a hard choice to make. I bought the 320 Gig HD and was on my merry way.

When I'm done for the day, I will post the specifics of the DVD (what the content will be, replication, sale strategies, ect) and when I get closer to finishing the actual movie, I will be posting my film festival strategies. Stick around for fun times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home