FLIP blog

This web-log will serve as an ongoing commentary on the trials and tribulations faced by a young filmmaker as he tries to complete a short film.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Ah! Sleep!

Now that we are done shooting, I can catch up on my sleep. Hooray!

Anyways, I'm glad we're done, but I'm also sad it's over. I had a wonderful time with my three boys, and it will be odd not being together all the time anymore. I got dropped off at a friends in LA on the way home from Vegas, and was very confused when I woke up in the middle of the night and my boys weren't there. There were times when I was ready to pummel them this last week, but I was one girl in a room with three boys, and I know that sometimes I was a bit on the bitchy side. I love them all terribly, and am so glad that I got to share the experience of making this film with them. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people.

Things I learned from last week:
-Don't fall into a door from too far away while kissing someone, on or off camera.
-Try to arrange the shooting schedule so your actress doesn't have to change her hair, clothes and makeup multiple times a day. It's much easier to keep the bed-hair hair and smudgey makeup than change it.
-Always look like you know what you're doing, even if you have no freaking clue.
-When going on a weeklong trip and sharing a room with three other people, make sure you all like eachother and get along. That is what will keep you from killing eachother.
-How to play blackjack at the tables, (thanks Jarrod!).
-Vegas is much more interesting if you have something to do while there other than drink and gamble.
-It's fun to walk down the street with a 3ft alcoholic beverage.
-4 & 1/2 inch heels at 4:30am is no fun for anybody.
-Remember to have fun! You like making movies, acting, and doing this! Remember that at ALL TIMES!

I really had a good time, and I'll post more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home